LONDON : Self-proclaimed bitcoin creator Craig Wright's lawsuit against bitcoin network developers to try to recover billions of dollars can continue to trial, a London court said on Friday. The ruling paves the way for a trial on whether developers owe duties to the owners of digital assets – which a l
LONDON : Self-proclaimed bitcoin creator Craig Wright's lawsuit against bitcoin network developers to try to recover billions of dollars can continue to trial, a London court said on Friday.
Australian computer scientist Wright is suing 15 developers in an effort to retrieve around 111,000 bitcoin – currently worth about $2.5 billion – after he lost the encrypted keys to access them when his home computer network was allegedly hacked. Tulip’s case was thrown out last year, but the Court of Appeal ruled on Friday that developers arguably do owe duties to owners, which should be determined at a full trial.
Wright says he wrote the bitcoin white paper which first outlined the technology behind the digital assets under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008, however the claim is hotly disputed.His lawyer, Felicity Potter, said the decision was “a step towards a properly regulated and well-governed digital asset ecosystem which should be welcomed by potential and current coin-holders alike”.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Renault, Nissan to present redesign of their alliance on Feb. 6 in LondonPARIS :France's Renault and its Japanese partner Nissan will formally unveil the agreement to reshape their alliance on Feb. 6 in London, the two car makers said in a joint statement on Thursday. The announcement, with junior alliance partner Mitsubishi Motors, confirmed a Jan. 26 Reuters exclusive about the
Read more »
News analysis: Is it worrying that more young people are getting self-radicalised online? Experts, community groups give mixed viewsSINGAPORE — The numbers may look troubling, but terrorism research experts and leaders of community and youth groups were divided on whether the cases of self-radicalisation among the young were a cause for concern.
Read more »
Philippines grants US greater access to bases amid China concernsMANILA - The Philippines has granted the United States expanded access to its military bases, the countries said on Thursday (Feb 2), amid mounting concern over China's increasing assertiveness in the disputed South China Sea and tensions over self-ruled Taiwan. Washington would be given access to four more locations under an Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement (EDCA) dating to 2014, statements...
Read more »
Mick Schumacher to double up as McLaren F1 reserveLONDON: Michael Schumacher's son Mick could be driving a McLaren this season should the Formula One team need a stand-in for race regulars Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri. Fierce rivals of Ferrari great Michael during his golden years at the Italian team, McLaren said on Wednesday (Feb 1) they would be able
Read more »
Beyonce announces first new tour in nearly seven yearsLONDON - Music star Beyonce announced her first new tour in nearly seven years on Wednesday, in which she will take her latest album Renaissance on the road around Europe and North America. The Renaissance World Tour will kick off in Stockholm on May 10, travelling across...
Read more »