All ANC candidates, 29 of whom received objections from the public, have been cleared.
The IEC upheld one objection out of more than 70, against the PAC's Alton Mphethi. The PAC itself raised the objection. File image.The Electoral Commission has dismissed all objections against political party candidates standing for parliament and provincial legislatures, barring one from the Pan Africanist Congress.
In a press briefing on Tuesday, the IEC said it received more than 70 objections to party candidates. Most were directed at candidates from the ANC , Black First Land First , EFF and the DA . The IEC said it advised each party about the objections in writing and afforded them the opportunity to make representations. All parties are said to have denied the allegations set against their members.It said all other objections failed to meet the"constitutional and statutory criteria".
TimesLIVE previously reported that among the names objected to in the ANC were cabinet ministers Nomvula Mokonyane, Bathabile Dlamini, Zweli Mkhize, Angie Motshekga and Bheki Cele.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
IEC gets objections to 30 names on ANC list, including five ministersANC deputy president David Mabuza and the party's national chairperson Gwede Mantashe are among 30 ANC members whose candidacy for Parliament and the provincial legislatures has been objected to by South Africans who cited allegations of state capture, fraud and rape among the reasons for objecting.
Read more »
IEC gets objections to 30 names on ANC list, including five ministersANC deputy president David Mabuza and the party's national chairperson Gwede Mantashe are among 30 ANC members whose candidacy for Parliament and the provincial legislatures has been objected to by South Africans who cited allegations of state capture, fraud and rape among the reasons for objecting.
Read more »
IEC receives objections to 53 candidates, majority from ANCTuesday was the cut-off date for objections, and the commission has since written to all affected parties asking them to respond.
Read more »
ANC election lists: Mahumapelo wants IEC to reveal objections against him
Read more »
#Elections2019: IEC pulled into ANC, DA water tariffs row | Cape ArgusThe ANC in the Western Cape and the DA are in a heated spat over the City’s over-recovery on water tariffs, which has led to a complaint with the IEC.
Read more »
IEC 'dismisses' all objections to ANC candidatesIEC has informed the ANC that all the objections submitted against their candidates have been dismissed.
Read more »
ANC election candidates remain on list, as IEC dismisses objectionsThe Electoral Commission of South Africa has dismissed all objections against political party candidates standing for parliament and provincial legislatures, barring one from the Pan Africanist Congress.
Read more »
#Elections2019: IEC dismisses objections against ANC, EFF and DA candidates | IOL NewsThe IEC has dismissed all objections against ANC, EFF and the DA candidates nominated by parties, saying that they are based on unproven allegations
Read more »
IEC dismisses objections against ANC, DA, EFF, BLF party candidates, reiterates list process is shutThe IEC says it has dismissed all but one of the 52 objections against political party candidates for Parliament and provincial legislatures.
Read more »