ANC removes '20 plus people' from its party lists ahead of IEC deadline

Singapore News News

ANC removes '20 plus people' from its party lists ahead of IEC deadline
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 News24
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 62 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 28%
  • Publisher: 80%

The IEC requires political parties to submit their candidate lists for the National Assembly and provincial legislatures by the close of business on Wednesday.

Political parties have a day left to submit their candidate lists for the National Assembly and provincial legislatures to the Independent Electoral Commission of South Africa ahead of its Wednesday deadline.

Acting national spokesperson Dakota Legoete told News24 20 people had appeared before the top six group of leaders to state their case for selection. An NWC member who did not want to be named said 38 people had been removed from the list but that their names were not known to all members. Another NWC member said only 15 names had been removed from the ANC's list of party officials to be deployed to the National Assembly.This member said the selection criteria focused on three aspects – the person's criminal record, the ANC's own constitution on illegibility and its"through the eye of the needle" document, which determined if they have"impeccable credentials".

The ANC in the North West is currently embarking on a project to unite the fractured membership in the platinum-rich province following a series of intense and sometimes public leadership battles, including two court cases.The party's provincial task team and the provincial executive committee have since merged to become a single interim structure.

One of the NWC members who spoke to News24 confirmed this, saying the list, which returns to the national list committee, has to have more names added to it.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

News24 /  🏆 4. in ZA

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

IEC sends ANC ‘war rooms’ matter to lawyersIEC sends ANC ‘war rooms’ matter to lawyersThe war rooms costing R6 million were allegedly set up at Bosasa headquarters in Krugersdorp, and paid for by Bosasa.
Read more »

Voters' roll open to scrutinyVoters' roll open to scrutinyPolitical parties have until Friday to raise objections on the interim voters' roll with the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) | Neo_Gee
Read more »

IEC to investigate ANC’s ‘Bosasa-funded election war rooms’ – DAIEC to investigate ANC’s ‘Bosasa-funded election war rooms’ – DAThe electoral commission has promised to refer the matter to the Directorate of Electoral Offences for investigation.
Read more »

IEC to probe claims Bosasa funded ANC’s election 'war rooms' | IOL NewsIEC to probe claims Bosasa funded ANC’s election 'war rooms' | IOL NewsIEC has confirmed its investigation into the ANC’s election “war rooms” that were established by the controversial Bosasa ...
Read more »

Karima Brown vs EFF: IEC probes Brown's complaint as general elections loomKarima Brown vs EFF: IEC probes Brown's complaint as general elections loomThe Electoral Commission of SA has confirmed it is investigating a complaint which veteran journalist Karima Brown has lodged against the EFF.
Read more »

IEC has plans to stop foreign funding for the SA electionsIEC has plans to stop foreign funding for the SA electionsAfter numerous campaigns by civil society organisations, South Africans will finally know who funds political parties and be assured that no foreign funds will influence elections.
Read more »

JUST IN: IEC to investigate ANC's election 'war rooms', allegedly funded by BosasaJUST IN: IEC to investigate ANC's election 'war rooms', allegedly funded by BosasaThe IEC will investigate the ANC's alleged Bosasa-funded election 'war rooms', the body has confirmed in a letter to DA leader Mmusi Maimane.
Read more »

IEC to investigate claims Bosasa funded ANC’s election 'war rooms'IEC to investigate claims Bosasa funded ANC’s election 'war rooms'
Read more »

IEC to investigate claims of ANC’s ‘dirty money’ from BosasaIEC to investigate claims of ANC’s ‘dirty money’ from BosasaThe DA says Bosasa set up ANC election ‘war rooms’ over the past three elections and gave the party R6m to fund its election campaigns
Read more »

IEC sets path to 2019 ElectionsIEC sets path to 2019 ElectionsAmerican NGO slams Malema’s conduct on reporters The statement came after EFF Leader JuliusMalema tweeted broadcaster Karima Brown‘s telephone number and also calling her an ANC “mole”. KarimaBrown sabcnews
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-30 07:39:35