BEIJING: Beijing authorities imposed more restrictions to stop the spread of a fresh outbreak of coronavirus in the Chinese capital to other ...
That makes it the most serious flare-up in China since February, stoking fears of a second-wave of the respiratory disease which emerged in the central city of Wuhan late last year and has now infected more than 8 million people worldwide.While not in a Wuhan-style lockdown, the Chinese capital has gone into a"wartime" mode on a district level, with local neighbourhoods instituting 24-hour security checkpoints, closing schools and telling people to step up social distancing.
Beijing marked more neighbourhoods as medium-risk areas late on Monday, taking the total to 22. Medium-risk areas are required to take strict measures to prevent the potential entry of infection.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Beijing logs record 36 COVID-19 cases, linked to market clusterBEIJING: Beijing on Sunday (Jun 14) reported a record 36 new cases of COVID-19 in China's capital, all linked to a major food wholesale market, ...
Read more »
Beijing Guoan and French coach in long-distance relationshipChinese club Beijing Guoan resumed training a couple of months ago as the country emerged from the COVID-19 crisis, yet travel restrictions mean ...
Read more »
Australia's largest states to further ease COVID-19 curbsSYDNEY: Australia's two largest states will further ease COVID-19 restrictions at libraries, community centres and nightclubs, officials said on ...
Read more »
China reports 49 new COVID-19 cases for Jun 14; 36 in BeijingSHANGHAI: Mainland China reported 49 new confirmed COVID-19 cases for Jun 14, down from 57 a day earlier, the national health authority said on ...
Read more »
Over 100 cases in new Beijing COVID-19 outbreak: WHOGENEVA: More than 100 cases of the novel coronavirus have been officially recorded in the fresh outbreak in Beijing, the World Health Organization ...
Read more »
China reports 40 new Covid-19 cases, including 27 in BeijingBEIJING - China's health authority said on Tuesday (June 16) that it received reports of 40 new confirmed Covid-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on Monday, of which 32 were domestically transmitted and eight were imported, Xinhua news agency reported.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »