China landslide death toll rises to 36 with 15 still missing

Singapore News News

China landslide death toll rises to 36 with 15 still missing
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 55 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 66%

The death toll in a landslide which buried a village in southwest China rose to 29, according to state media, with 22 still missing days after the ...

BEIJING: The death toll in a landslide which buried a village in southwest China rose to 36, state broadcaster CCTV said on Sunday , with 15 still missing days after the disaster struck.

The state-run People's Daily said rescue work is ongoing at the site in Shuicheng county, Guizhou province, where a thick torrent of mud buried 22 houses in the landslide on Tuesday.CCTV broadcast footage of rescue workers trying to reach survivors through a huge mound of earth, and excavators digging through the collapsed hill.Official news agency Xinhua said Saturday night that 40 people had been rescued from the site, according to the local emergency rescue command.

Xinhua said a local school had been set up as an emergency medical and rescue centre, with"multiple rescue teams and experts" still searching for those missing.The government has earmarked 30 million yuan for search and rescue efforts in the province, Xinhua reported, as well as the relocation of victims.

Landslides are a frequent danger in rural and mountainous parts of China, particularly after heavy rain, and the country has suffered severe flooding this year. In August 2017 at least 30 people were killed in two separate landslides in the same rural province of Guizhou.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ChannelNewsAsia /  🏆 6. in SG

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

31 injured in 36 residential fires involving PMDs, e-bikes this year: SCDF31 injured in 36 residential fires involving PMDs, e-bikes this year: SCDFSINGAPORE - Thirty-one people were injured in 36 residential fires involving personal mobility devices (PMDs) and power-assisted bicycles (PABs) in the first half of this year, up from 11 injured out of 23 such fires in the same period last year.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

36-year-old man arrested in probe related to former manager of Joseph Schooling’s swim school36-year-old man arrested in probe related to former manager of Joseph Schooling’s swim school
Read more »

Man, 36, arrested in probe over ICC tickets involving Joseph Schooling's former spokesmanMan, 36, arrested in probe over ICC tickets involving Joseph Schooling's former spokesmanSINGAPORE - A 36-year-old man was arrested on Friday (July 26) in relation to the non-delivery of International Champions Cup (ICC) tickets, the police said on Saturday.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Man arrested in connection with missing ICC football ticketsMan arrested in connection with missing ICC football ticketsSINGAPORE: A 36-year-old man was arrested on Friday (Jul 26) in connection with the non-delivery of International Champions Cup (ICC) football ...
Read more »

China landslide death toll rises to 20China landslide death toll rises to 20The death toll in a landslide that buried a village in southwest China rose to 20 on Friday, with 25 people still missing three days after the ...
Read more »

China landslide death toll rises to 24China landslide death toll rises to 24The death toll in a landslide that buried a village in southwest China rose to 20 on Friday, with 25 people still missing three days after the ...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 19:04:19