World Health Organization officials are concerned about new coronavirus cases confirmed in France and the UK that were transmitted without any travel history to China.
World Health Organization officials are concerned about new coronavirus cases confirmed in France on Sunday and the UK on Monday that were transmitted without any travel history to China.
"The detection of this small number of cases could be the spark that becomes a bigger fire, but for now it's only a spark," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Monday during a press conference at the organization's headquarters in Geneva. The coronavirus pneumonia produces mild cold symptoms in about 80% of patients, Dr. Sylvie Briand, head of WHO's Global Infectious Hazard Preparedness division, told reporters on Monday. About 15% of the people who contract the virus have ended up with pneumonia with 3% to 5% of all patients needing intensive care, she said.such as masks, gloves, gowns and diagnostic tests around the world.
The agency is also preparing to ship an additional 150,000 diagnostic tests after sending out 250,000 last week, he said.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
China reports 97 new coronavirus deaths on mainland on Sunday, toll rises to 908The death toll from a coronavirus outbreak in mainland China rose to 908 as of t...
Read more »
Brazilians evacuated from China amid coronavirus land in BrazilThe 34 Brazilians evacuated from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the...
Read more »
China allocates $10.26 billion to fight coronavirusChina&39;s finance ministry said on Sunday all levels of government had allocated a total of 71.85 billion yuan ($10.26 billion) as of Saturday afternoon to fight coronavirus. The funds will also be used to ensure that efforts of every region to fight the virus are not hampered by financial constraints
Read more »
Malaysia expands China traveller ban as coronavirus spreadsMalaysia has expanded a ban on visitors from China to include Zhejiang and Jiang...
Read more »
China to stagger back to work as coronavirus deaths surpass SARSChina raised the death toll from the coronavirus epidemic to 811 on Sunday, pass...
Read more »
Coronavirus death toll in China surpasses SARS but new cases fallNew virus that is of the same family of coronavirus as SARS, proves far less deadly, killing around 2-3 percent of those infected, Chinese authorities say. SARS killed 9.6 percent of those who caught it, according to the World Health Organization.
Read more »