Driver appears in court after deadly Australia bus crash, granted bail

Singapore News News

Driver appears in court after deadly Australia bus crash, granted bail
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 STForeignDesk
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 30 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 71%

The crash left 10 dead, and fourteen are still hospitalised, including one in intensive care. Read more at straitstimes.com.

Brett Andrew Button faces years in prison after police alleged he drove “too quick” in what were believed to be foggy conditions just before midnight Sunday, causing Australia’s deadliest road accident in 16 years.

Moments earlier, the passengers had been celebrating the wedding of a young couple at the nearby Wandin Estate Winery in Australia’s picturesque Hunter Valley wine region.Fourteen guests are still hospitalised, including one in intensive care. “I see here before me a man suffering,” she said, granting bail on the condition that Button does not approach prosecution witnesses or get behind the wheel of a vehicle.His alleged victims are said to be aged between 20 and 60 years. Besides those killed, passengers suffered injuries ranging from lacerations to breaks and fractures.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

STForeignDesk /  🏆 4. in SG

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Ten dead in Australia wedding bus crashTen dead in Australia wedding bus crashSYDNEY: Ten people have died in a wedding party bus crash in Australia's Hunter wine region in New South Wales, police said on Monday (Jun 11), announcing the arrest of the 58-year-old driver. The light-coloured coach lay on its side after the accident, with a dozen emergency workers wearing high visi
Read more »

School bus operators to get additional foreign worker quotas to tackle driver shortage: MOESchool bus operators to get additional foreign worker quotas to tackle driver shortage: MOESINGAPORE — School bus operators will be provided with additional foreign worker quotas to increase the supply of bus drivers “on a time-limited basis”, announced the Ministry of Education (MOE) on Monday (June 12).
Read more »

MOE allows more foreign workers to ease school bus driver crunchMOE allows more foreign workers to ease school bus driver crunchSelected school bus operators will be allowed to hire more foreign workers, in a move by the authorities to address a persistent driver shortage that has led to firms
Read more »

School bus operators may hire more foreigners to ease driver shortage: MOESchool bus operators may hire more foreigners to ease driver shortage: MOEOther measures to address the shortage of school bus drivers include allowing operators to designate common pick-up and drop-off points.
Read more »

Body recovered from rubble of Philadelphia I-95 highway collapseBody recovered from rubble of Philadelphia I-95 highway collapseThe truck driver had been unaccounted for in the immediate aftermath of the accident. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 16:29:33