Qatar Petroleum will postpone the start of production from its new gas facilities to 2025 due to a delay in the bidding process, but is not ...
Qatar Petroleum will postpone the start of production from its new gas facilities to 2025 due to a delay in the bidding process, but is not downsizing the world's largest liquefied natural gas project despite concerns of a mounting glut, its chief executive told Reuters.
Kaabi said the company had been expecting to receive final bids from contractors for the first phase - the North Field East project, which will involve the construction of four trains - this month. With global commodities prices coming down, Kaabi added that he expects commercial bids to come in at a lower rate.
Reuters reported in February that QP had delayed choosing Western partners for the expansion by several months after a collapse in global gas prices. Indian buyers of Qatari LNG issued a force majeure notice to Qatar seeking to delay loading of LNG cargoes under long-term deals due to the demand drop. PetroChina has also suspended some natural gas imports, including LNG shipments.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Exclusive: Silver Lake to seek more than US$16 billion for buyout fund - sourcesREUTERS: Private equity firm Silver Lake Partners is preparing to seek at least US$16 billion from investors for its sixth flagship buyout fund, ...
Read more »
Oil slips on oversupply fears, but stocks jump on virus slowdown hopesOil prices skidded on Monday after Saudi-Russian negotiations to cut output were delayed, keeping oversupply concerns alive, while stocks jumped ...
Read more »
Trump urges coronavirus patients to take malaria drug despite lack of study on efficacyNEW YORK (NYTIMES, BLOOMBERG) - President Donald Trump has said that the federal government is placing millions of doses of a malaria drug in the federal stockpile of emergency medical supplies to make it available for coronavirus patients, even though the drug has not been approved for Covid-19 treatment and his top coronavirus advisers have warned that more study is needed to determine its safety and efficacy.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
World T20 organisers hopeful despite potential clash with other sportsMELBOURNE: Organisers expect this year's Twenty20 World Cup to be a success even if it has to vie with Australian rules football and rugby league ...
Read more »
SoftBank CEO Son's coronavirus poll shows 80% favour state of emergencyMore than 80per cent of respondents to a Twitter poll initiated by SoftBank Group Corp's CEO Masayoshi Son would support a declaration of a state ...
Read more »
Coronavirus: April COE bidding suspended but questions remainSINGAPORE - Certificate of Entitlement (COE) bidding exercises in April will be suspended with the month-long heightened distancing measures taking effect on Tuesday (April 7), the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced on Sunday afternoon.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »