Four years ago today, Trump made his Republican debate debut, setting the low standard he has maintained ever since
Bad to the bone from the beginning. Photo: Scott Olson/Getty Images It’s a commonplace observation that the Trump era of American politics seems like it’s been going on forever. Truth is, though, it really only went into full swing four years ago today, when Republicans held their first presidential debate of the 2016 cycle in Cleveland and Donald Trump took the whole thing over.
The mogul grabbed the audience from the get-go by becoming the only candidate to raise his hand to refuse to pledge to support the ultimate party nominee. The question was very much aimed at him as a potential third-party “spoiler” candidate, and he toyed with it: His feud with Fox News moderator Megyn Kelly began in that first debate, when he took exception to her question about the nasty things he had said about women over the years. He affirmed his scurrilous remarks about immigrants in an exchange with Chris Wallace in which his perennial debate patsy Jeb Bush was a bystander:
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Steve-O, Now 10 Years Sober, Just Crushed His First TriathlonA decade into his journey with sobriety, Steve-O is living his best healthy, active life.
Read more »
UK Distributor Lightbulb Picks Up Four Movies Including SXSW Drama ‘Sadie’ With Melanie LynskeyEXCLUSIVE: Fledgling UK distributor Lightbulb, which specialises in home ent releases, has picked up four films for its slate, including SXSW 2018 drama Sadie and Polish fantasy-thriller Sword Of G…
Read more »
10 Rom-Com Easter Eggs You Missed In 'Four Weddings And A Funeral'From Jane Austen to Notting Hill, here's all the nods to romantic comedies we've found so far in Four Weddings and a Funeral.
Read more »
A millionaire charged in his wife's murder has been caught after more than four years on the runA California millionaire has been apprehended after spending more than four years on the run as a suspect in his wife's death, the Orange County District Attorney's Office said Monday.
Read more »
After 3 Years, The Biggest Loser Is Coming Back With a 'Completely Different' Approach'We're trying to approach it in a completely different way.' BiggestLoser
Read more »