Huawei first-half revenue up about 30% despite US ban: Bloomberg

Singapore News News

Huawei first-half revenue up about 30% despite US ban: Bloomberg
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 43 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 66%

Huawei Technologies Co Ltd's revenue grew roughly 30per cent in the first half after select teams secured critical supplies to keep production ...

REUTERS: Huawei Technologies Co Ltd's revenue grew roughly 30 per cent in the first half after select teams secured critical supplies to keep production going despite US technology export restrictions, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.

The United States has put Huawei on an export blacklist citing national security issues, barring US suppliers from selling to the world's largest telecommunications equipment maker and No 2 maker of smartphones, without special approval.Huawei's revenue growth of 30 per cent in the first half is a slowdown from 39 per cent in first three months of 2019, but is up sharply from 2018, Bloomberg said.

Huawei has so far managed to boost revenue by aggressively securing contracts for fifth-generation networking equipment, Bloomberg said. The company is said to have rewarded a number of employees for helping it accelerate revenue despite US ban, Bloomberg added.Huawei last month cut revenue expectations for the year, with its founder and CEO Ren Zhengfei saying the company had taken a harder-than-expected hit from the US ban.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ChannelNewsAsia /  🏆 6. in SG

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Huawei’s US research arm slashes more than 70% of workforceHuawei’s US research arm slashes more than 70% of workforceSANTA CLARA (REUTERS) - China’s Huawei Technologies Co Ltd said it is slashing more than 600 jobs at its Futurewei Technologies research arm in the United States after being placed on a trade blacklist by the US government. . Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Huawei rewards staff for accelerating revenue despite a US banHuawei rewards staff for accelerating revenue despite a US ban[BEIJING] Huawei Technologies quickened revenue growth to roughly 30 per cent in the first half after select teams secured critical supplies to keep production going despite US technology export restrictions, people familiar with the matter said. Read more at The Business Times.
Read more »

US tech CEOs support Trump on Huawei restrictions: W. HouseUS tech CEOs support Trump on Huawei restrictions: W. HouseChief executives from several US tech companies met with President Donald Trump on Monday and expressed 'strong support' for policies restricting the use of products from Chinese telecom giant Huawei. Washington accuses Huawei of working directly with the Chinese government and its intelligence
Read more »

Huawei secretly helped North Korea build, maintain wireless network: ReportHuawei secretly helped North Korea build, maintain wireless network: ReportHuawei Technologies, the Chinese company put on a US blacklist because of national security concerns, secretly helped North Korea build and ...
Read more »

Huawei secretly helped North Korea build, maintain wireless network: ReportHuawei secretly helped North Korea build, maintain wireless network: ReportHuawei Technologies, the Chinese company put on a US blacklist because of national security concerns, secretly helped North Korea build and ...
Read more »

Trump meets with tech CEOs on HuaweiTrump meets with tech CEOs on HuaweiU.S. President Donald Trump met on Monday with the chief executives of seven technology companies and he agreed with their request for timely ...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-07 02:04:49