PUTRAJAYA: Those who will be making interstate journeys starting Thursday (May 7) should head home straightaway and stop at R&R (rest and recreation) centres only if necessary, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Senior Minister said anyone who wants to take a break at the R&R after a long drive cannot loiter and must remain in the car while resting.
"Authorities will be stationed at R&Rs to monitor the situation and to ensure compliance to standard operating procedures," he said in his daily briefing here Wednesday . Ismail also advised non-Muslims making the journey to pack their own food as stalls at the R&R would not be open."If the journey is long and you want to take a break at your hometown before making the return trip, make sure it is as per the schedule issued by the police," he said.Police have allocated four days from May 7 to 10 for interstate travel so that those stranded in their hometowns and other places can return to their residences.
This movement is also allowed for parents to pick up their children who had been left in their hometowns.On May 7, only those from Kuala Lumpur can travel.Those in Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Melaka and Pahang are allowed to travel on May 9 while for those in Selangor, Negri Sembilan and Terengganu, travel will be allowed on May 10.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Ismail Sabri denies more EMCO areas in Selayang, Chow Kit | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, May 5 — Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob today denied that the government has imposed the enhanced movement control order (EMCO) on two new areas in Selayang and Chow Kit. The defense minister told his daily Covid-19 press conference that no area can...
Read more »
Conditional MCO: SOP compliance high among individuals, businesses, says Ismail SabriPUTRAJAYA: The compliance of standard operating procedure (SOP) is high among individuals and businesses on the first day of the conditional movement control order (MCO) that saw almost all economic sectors resume operations, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
Read more »
Agong adakan sidang video bersama Ismail Sabrikualalumpur Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri'ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah berkenan menerima menghadap Menteri Pertahanan, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob menerusi sidang video, hari ini
Read more »
Ismail Sabri: Laws for conditional MCO gazetted, supersede previous onesPUTRAJAYA: The public need not worry about having a run in with the law as changes have been made to the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act (Act 342) which was gazetted on Monday (May 4), says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
Read more »