Julius Caesar assassination square now open to the public

Singapore News News

Julius Caesar assassination square now open to the public
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 WashTimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 25 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 63%

Friends, Romans, countrymen and tourists will now be able to walk through the Largo di Torre Argentina square near where Julius Caesar is believed to have been assassinated in 44 B.C.

A new lift and walkway allowing visitors to stroll through the square was opened Tuesday after restoration work funded by Italian fashion house Bulgari.

Because the Largo di Torre Argentina square sits below street level between the remains of four Roman temples, people previously could only look upon the square and the ruins from behind barriers.While Roman residents will get in free, non-residents must pay a $5.50 entrance fee,A long hall under the modern street opposite the site has also been filled with marble decorations and sculptures, brought out of storage after decades spent in the city’s archaeological storage.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

WashTimes /  🏆 235. in US

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Rome to open ancient square where Julius Caesar was killedRome to open ancient square where Julius Caesar was killedHistory buffs will be able to stroll close to the spot where legend says Julius Caesar met his bloody end, when Rome authorities open a new walkway on the ancient site on Tuesday.
Read more »

Square where Julius Caesar was killed opens to the public in Rome | CNNSquare where Julius Caesar was killed opens to the public in Rome | CNNHistory buffs will be able to stroll close to the spot where legend says Julius Caesar met his bloody end, when Rome authorities open a new walkway on the ancient site on Tuesday.
Read more »

Rome Opens Site of Julius Caesar’s Assassination as a Tourist AttractionRome Opens Site of Julius Caesar’s Assassination as a Tourist AttractionLuxury jeweler Bulgari financed the project to open the plaza where a group of conspirators stabbed Caesar to death.
Read more »

Ancient Roman temple complex, with ruins of building where Caesar was stabbed, opens to touristsAncient Roman temple complex, with ruins of building where Caesar was stabbed, opens to touristsFour temples from ancient Rome, dating back as far as the 3rd century B.C. stand smack in the middle of one of the modern city's busiest crossroads. For the first time, it's open to the public.
Read more »

Ancient Roman temples, site of Caesar's stabbing, now open for touristsAncient Roman temples, site of Caesar's stabbing, now open for touristsItaly’s tourists can now visit the site where Julius Caesar was assassinated with the opening of four temples from Ancient Rome, dating back as far as the 3rd century BCE
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 15:25:13