Louisiana orders evacuations as twin storms take aim at US coast

Singapore News News

Louisiana orders evacuations as twin storms take aim at US coast
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 The Straits Times
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 28 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 63%

BATON ROUGE (REUTERS) - Louisiana residents were ordered on Sunday (Aug 23) to evacuate low-lying coastal areas as back-to-back hurricanes were forecast to bring strong winds and rain, striking the state within days of one another this week.. Read more at straitstimes.com.

BATON ROUGE - Louisiana residents were ordered on Sunday to evacuate low-lying coastal areas as back-to-back hurricanes were forecast to bring strong winds and rain, striking the state within days of one another this week.

Twin hurricanes arriving at the US coast within days"could result in a prolonged period of hazardous weather", National Hurricane Centre forecaster Stacy Stewart warned on Sunday. The US Coast Guard also raised its warning for the Port of New Orleans, calling for ships to make plans to evacuate some areas.Tulane University, the largest private employer in New Orleans, said it will close its testing centre on Monday due to potential flooding and power outages and called on students to maintain social distancing guidelines.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

The Straits Times /  🏆 8. in SG

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Chinese EV maker XPeng looks to raise up to US$1.11 billion in US IPOChinese EV maker XPeng looks to raise up to US$1.11 billion in US IPOChinese electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer XPeng Inc said it hopes to raise up to US$1.11 billion in its initial public offering (IPO) in New ...
Read more »

Chinese EV maker XPeng seeks to raise US$1.1b in US IPOChinese EV maker XPeng seeks to raise US$1.1b in US IPO[SAN FRANCISCO] Chinese electric-car startup Xpeng Motors is seeking in its US initial public offering to raise US$1.1 billion, slightly topping last month's listing by rival Li Auto Inc. Read more at The Business Times.
Read more »

Exclusive: TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appExclusive: TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the ...
Read more »

Exclusive: TikTok to challenge U.S. order banning transactions with the video app - sourcesExclusive: TikTok to challenge U.S. order banning transactions with the video app - sourcesTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the popular short video app and its Chinese parent ByteDance, according to people familiar with the matter. Trump issued an executive order on Aug. 14 that
Read more »

TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appTikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the ...
Read more »

TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video app: sourcesTikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video app: sources[NEW YORK] TikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the popular short video app and its Chinese parent ByteDance, according to people familiar with the matter. Read more at The Business Times.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 22:57:55