North Korea fired multiple unidentified projectiles: Yonhap
SEOUL: North Korea fired multiple unidentified projectiles early on Wednesday , less than a week after firing two new short-range ballistic missiles, the South Korean military's Joint Chiefs of Staff said.
The White House, the Pentagon and the US State Department did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Since the Jun 30 meeting in the Demilitarized Zone between the two Koreas, Pyongyang has accused Washington of breaking a promise by planning to hold joint military exercises with South Korea in August and warned that these could derail any dialogue.North Korea has also warned of a possible end to its freeze on nuclear and long-range missile tests in place since 2017, which Trump has repeatedly upheld as evidence of the success of his engagement with Kim.
A North Korean official told a White House National Security Council counterpart last week that working-level talks would start very soon, a senior US administration official said earlier on Tuesday.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Seoul repatriates three North Korean fishermenSeoul sent three North Koreans who crossed the maritime border in a fishing boat back home on Monday after they said they wanted to return, the ...
Read more »
US' Pompeo hopes for North Korea talks soon, no leaders' summit plannedWASHINGTON (REUTERS) - US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Monday (July 29) he hoped working-level talks to revive denuclearisation talks with North Korea could occur 'very soon'but emphasised that a follow up leaders' summit was not planned.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
South Korea says North Korean fishing boat, three crew to be returnedSEOUL: South Korea will release three North Koreans who crossed the maritime border aboard a fishing vessel at the weekend, Seoul's Unification ...
Read more »
Show me the money: South Korea football fans to sue over Ronaldo benchingSEOUL: More than 2,000 South Korean football fans will sue a sports agency after superstar Cristiano Ronaldo stayed on the bench when his Juventus ...
Read more »
South Korea to send naval unit to Strait of Hormuz: ReportSEOUL (REUTERS) - South Korea plans to join a US-led maritime force in the Middle East by sending a naval unit, which includes a destroyer, to help guard oil tankers sailing through the Strait of Hormuz, a South Korean newspaper reported on Monday (July 29).. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »