North Korean leader Kim calls for prevention efforts against COVID-19, looming typhoon

Singapore News News

North Korean leader Kim calls for prevention efforts against COVID-19, looming typhoon
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 61 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 28%
  • Publisher: 66%

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has called for prevention efforts against the novel coronavirus and a typhoon, state news agency KCNA said on Tuesday.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un holds an emergency enlarged meeting of Political Bureau of WPK Central Committee in this undated photo released on Jul 25, 2020 by North Korean Central News Agency in Pyongyang. SEOUL: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has called for prevention efforts against the novel coronavirus and a typhoon, state news agency KCNA said on Tuesday .

An enlarged meeting of the politburo of the Workers Party took place amid a pandemic that is putting additional pressure on the North Korean economy, battered by recent border closures and flood damage.The meeting assessed"some defects in the state emergency anti-epidemic work for checking the inroads of the malignant virus", KCNA said in a statement.

North Korea has not reported any confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, but Kim said last month that the virus"could be said to have entered" the country and imposed a lockdown after a man was reported to have symptoms. Later test results on the man were inconclusive, according to the World Health Organisation.after a suspected case of the coronavirus there.

The meeting discussed state emergency measures on preventing crop damage and casualties from Typhoon Bavi, which is expected to hit the country within days, KCNA reported. Heavy rain and flooding have raised concern about food supplies in the isolated country.The ruling party had said it will hold a congress next year to decide a new five-year plan, after a party meeting noted serious delays in improving the national economy and living standards.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ChannelNewsAsia /  🏆 6. in SG

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

South Korean dramas and variety series halt filming due to resurgent Covid-19 infectionsSouth Korean dramas and variety series halt filming due to resurgent Covid-19 infectionsLovers of K-dramas and K-variety shows may have to wait a little bit longer for new episodes of their favourite series as filming and production schedules have been affected by South Korea's resurgent Covid-19 infections, mostly linked to church gatherings.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Extended COVID-19 lockdown adds to doubt on North-South gameExtended COVID-19 lockdown adds to doubt on North-South gameWELLINGTON: New Zealand Rugby's already delayed North-South match faced another setback, with the latest COVID-19 restrictions meaning the Sept. 5 ...
Read more »

Seoul-Washington working group not a hindrance to inter-Korean relations: Korea HeraldSeoul-Washington working group not a hindrance to inter-Korean relations: Korea HeraldIn its editorial, the paper says that Pyongyang's insistence on sanctions relief and other concessions without dismantling its nuclear arsenal has blocked progress on inter-Korean reconciliation.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

How these female Korean chefs are overcoming a tough, male-dominated industryHow these female Korean chefs are overcoming a tough, male-dominated industryFrom Los Angeles to Bangkok and London to Seoul, meet the women flying the culinary flag for their nation's cuisine, while overcoming a tough kitchen culture.
Read more »

South Korean students forced online as global virus crisis deepensSouth Korean students forced online as global virus crisis deepensMillions of South Korean students were ordered back to online classes Tuesday and Mexico launched a nationwide televised schooling programme, highlighting the deepening crisis for children as the coronavirus pandemic drags into a ninth month.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 03:55:35