RFU ban council member over racist comment to volunteer at Six Nations game

Singapore News News

RFU ban council member over racist comment to volunteer at Six Nations game
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 20 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 11%
  • Publisher: 66%

The Rugby Football Union (RFU) has banned a former council member from Twickenham after he made discriminatory comments to a volunteer at a Six Nations match last year, England's rugby governing body said on Tuesday.According to the RFU's summary, Murphy is said to have used racist language with a volunte

The Rugby Football Union has banned a former council member from Twickenham after he made discriminatory comments to a volunteer at a Six Nations match last year, England's rugby governing body said on Tuesday.

The RFU said the member, Alex Murphy, looked to resign during the investigation but added that his"Distinguished Membership" was not a position but a series of privileges granted by the council."A simple removal of privileges for a period would not be an appropriate sanction as it does not reflect the gravity of the matter," the RFU said in a statement.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ChannelNewsAsia /  🏆 6. in SG

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Six suspects appear in court for Hong Kong socialite Abby Choi’s murderSix suspects appear in court for Hong Kong socialite Abby Choi’s murderSix suspects charged in connection with Hong Kong socialite and model Abby Choi’s gruesome murder appeared in court on Monday afternoon, according to local media. Ms Choi, 28, was on Feb 24
Read more »

Six suspects appear in court for Hong Kong socialite Abby Choi’s murderSix suspects appear in court for Hong Kong socialite Abby Choi’s murderMs Choi was found killed and dismembered at a village allegedly by the family of her ex-husband Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Nasa launches 2 small satellites to track hurricanesNasa launches 2 small satellites to track hurricanesThe trackers can fly over typhoons every hour, compared to every six hours with current satellites. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Jail for man who hit a man he thought was CNB officer, attacked another with scissorsJail for man who hit a man he thought was CNB officer, attacked another with scissorsLavan was sentenced to nine months and six weeks’ jail on Monday. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

2 Singapore Embassy in Yangon staff safe after attack on Asean humanitarian convoy they were part of: MFA2 Singapore Embassy in Yangon staff safe after attack on Asean humanitarian convoy they were part of: MFALABUAN BAJO, Indonesia / SINGAPORE — Two staff members of the Singapore Embassy in Yangon were part of an Association for Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) humanitarian convoy that came under attack in Myanmar on Sunday (May 8).
Read more »

EU takes aim at Chinese firms, third country exports to tighten Russia sanctions: SourcesEU takes aim at Chinese firms, third country exports to tighten Russia sanctions: SourcesBRUSSELS: The European Union's executive has proposed blacklisting several Chinese companies and curbing exports to nations seen as involved in bypassing Russian trade restrictions under the latest set of sanctions against Moscow for the war against Ukraine. The 27 EU member countries - which must all agre
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 16:21:44