‘Romeo & Juliet’ stars sue over 1968 film’s teen nude scene

Singapore News News

‘Romeo & Juliet’ stars sue over 1968 film’s teen nude scene
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 cleveland19news
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 51 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 68%

The stars, who were teenagers at the time, “believed they had no choice but to act in the nude in body makeup as demanded,” the suit says.

Olivia Hussey, then 15 and now 71, and Leonard Whiting, then 16 now 72, filed the suit in Los Angeles County Superior Court alleging sexual abuse, sexual harassment and fraud.

But on the morning of the shoot, Zeffirelli told Whiting, who played Romeo, and Hussey, who played Juliet, that they would wear only body makeup, while still assuring them the camera would be positioned in a way that would not show nudity, according to the suit. Zeffirelli told them they must act in the nude “or the Picture would fail” and their careers would be hurt, the suit said. The actors “believed they had no choice but to act in the nude in body makeup as demanded.”The film, and its theme song, were major hits at the time, and has been shown to generations of high school students studying the Shakespeare play since.

It says given that suffering and the revenue brought in by the film since its release, the actors are entitled to damages of more than $500 million.The lawsuit was filed under a California law temporarily suspending the statute of limitations for child sex abuse, which has led to a host of new lawsuits and the revival of many others that were previously dismissed.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

cleveland19news /  🏆 70. in US

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

‘Romeo and Juliet’ Stars Sue Paramount for Child Abuse Over Nude Scene in 1968 Film‘Romeo and Juliet’ Stars Sue Paramount for Child Abuse Over Nude Scene in 1968 FilmOlivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting were just teenagers when they electrified audiences in the 1968 version of “Romeo and Juliet,” directed by Franco Zeffirelli. The film was a hit and wa…
Read more »

Stars of 1968 film 'Romeo & Juliet' sue studio for child sexual abuse over nude sceneStars of 1968 film 'Romeo & Juliet' sue studio for child sexual abuse over nude sceneThe stars of the 1968 movie “Romeo and Juliet,” directed by Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli, have submitted a lawsuit accusing Paramount Pictures of sexually abusing them by filming their nude bodies without their knowledge when they were children.
Read more »

Stars of 1968 Romeo And Juliet sue over underage nude sceneStars of 1968 Romeo And Juliet sue over underage nude sceneOlivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting claim that they were sexually exploited by the film
Read more »

'Romeo & Juliet' stars sue over 1968 film's teen nude scene'Romeo & Juliet' stars sue over 1968 film's teen nude sceneThe two stars of 1968's 'Romeo and Juliet' sued Paramount Pictures for more than $500 million on Tuesday over a nude scene in the film shot when they were teens.
Read more »

‘Romeo & Juliet’ stars sue over 1968 film’s teen nude scene‘Romeo & Juliet’ stars sue over 1968 film’s teen nude sceneThe two stars of 1968′s “Romeo and Juliet” sued Paramount Pictures for more than $500 million on Tuesday over a nude scene in the film shot when they were teens.
Read more »

'Romeo & Juliet' stars sue over 1968 film's teen nude scene'Romeo & Juliet' stars sue over 1968 film's teen nude sceneThe stars of the 1968 film “Romeo and Juliet” have sued Paramount Pictures for more than $500 million over a nude scene shot when they were teens.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 22:50:09