'Some companies are closing their doors, others are shutting down divisions': Rocket CEO outlines plans to navigate the dramatic decline in mortgages

Singapore News News

'Some companies are closing their doors, others are shutting down divisions': Rocket CEO outlines plans to navigate the dramatic decline in mortgages
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 MarketWatch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 54 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 97%

‘Some companies are closing their doors, others are shutting down divisions’: Rocket CEO’s plans to navigate the dramatic decline in mortgages

The mortgage industry is struggling with higher rates and a sharp drop in buyer demand. Rocket RKT says it’s got a plan to turn things around.

“It can be painful … some companies are closing their doors, others are shutting down divisions of their companies. Others are doing layoffs,” Farner added. “Unfortunately, that’s part of the process — that capacity comes out.” Rates are up from 3.16% this time last year, to 6.02% in mid-September, according to a weekly survey by Freddie Mac. The massive drop in sales and the sector more broadly has led to some experts calling it a “housing recession.”

When rates went back up to 2008 levels, these non-bank lenders were stuck. Mortgage demand is down by nearly 30% from the same time last year. “The massive drop in sales and the sector more broadly has led to some experts calling it a ‘housing recession.’” Rocket’s market share is about 6.4% currently, Inside Mortgage Finance said, which is the largest among all banks and non-banks, as of the first quarter of this year.

Last Friday, Rocket announced its ‘Inflation Buster’ program, which offers to shave off one percentage point off a buyer’s mortgage for the first year of their loan.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MarketWatch /  🏆 3. in US

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Failed rocket attack targets US military base in Syria, CENTCOM saysFailed rocket attack targets US military base in Syria, CENTCOM saysThere was a failed rocket attack on the U.S. military base known as Green Village in northeast Syria on Sunday, according to U.S. Central Command.
Read more »

SpaceX finally gets its rocket airborne after several scrubs | Digital TrendsSpaceX finally gets its rocket airborne after several scrubs | Digital TrendsAfter several scrubs due to poor weather, SpaceX launched its latest Starlink mission on Sunday in the first flight since its internet service went global.
Read more »

U.S. military base targeted in failed rocket attack in Syria, CENTCOM saysU.S. military base targeted in failed rocket attack in Syria, CENTCOM saysU.S. forces are investigating after three 107mm rockets targeted the base, CENTCOM says.
Read more »

NASA prepping for key fueling test of Artemis 1 moon rocket on WednesdayNASA prepping for key fueling test of Artemis 1 moon rocket on WednesdayA successful test would keep Artemis 1 on track for a Sept. 27 liftoff.
Read more »

US military base targeted with rocket attack in Syria, CENTCOM saysUS military base targeted with rocket attack in Syria, CENTCOM saysRockets struck around a U.S. military base in Syria on Sunday, failing to strike any personnel or equipment, CENTCOM announced. Iran-backed militants operate in the region.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 23:22:48