MADRID: A Spanish judge has issued international arrest warrants for two of the intruders who forced their way into North Korea's embassy in ...
MADRID: A Spanish judge has issued international arrest warrants for two of the intruders who forced their way into North Korea's embassy in Madrid last month and are currently believed to be in the United States, a judicial source said on Wednesday .
According the court's official document, which was made public on Tuesday, Hong Chang is believed to have travelled to the United States a day after the raid and contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation to pass on information about it. It was not clear how the court knew that the man had contacted the FBI.
The US State Department has said the US government was not involved in the raid while the FBI said it is standard practice to neither confirm nor deny the existence of an investigation.Three of the intruders took an embassy official into the basement and encouraged him to defect from North Korea. They identified themselves as members of a group who campaigned for the"liberation of North Korea", the document said.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
South Korea staffs liaison office despite North Korea pulloutSEOUL: A convoy of dozens of South Korean officials left for an inter-Korean liaison office in North Korea on Monday (Mar 25) in a bid to maintain ...
Read more »
North Korea pulls out of liaison office with SouthSEOUL: North Korea on Friday (Mar 22) pulled out of a liaison office with South Korea just north of their armed border, in a setback for South ...
Read more »
US announces first new North Korea sanctions since failed summitWASHINGTON (REUTERS) - The United States imposed sanctions on Thursday (March 21) on two Chinese shipping companies it says helped North Korea evade US and international sanctions over its nuclear weapons programme, the first such steps since US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's summit collapsed last month.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
U.S. announces first new North Korea sanctions since failed summitThe United States imposed sanctions on Thursday on two Chinese shipping companies it says helped North Korea evade U.S. and international sanctions over its nuclear weapons program, the first such steps since U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's summit collapsed last
Read more »
US announces first new North Korea sanctions since failed summitWASHINGTON: The United States on Thursday (Mar 21) sanctioned two Chinese shipping companies it says helped North Korea evade US and international ...
Read more »
North Korea returns to inter-Korean liaison officeNorth Korea has returned its staff to an inter-Korean liaison office, Seoul said Monday, just days after unilaterally withdrawing from the joint ...
Read more »
North Korea returns to inter-Korean liaison officeNorth Korea has returned its staff to an inter-Korean liaison office, Seoul said Monday, just days after unilaterally withdrawing from the joint facility. The office in the Northern city of Kaesong was opened in September as the two Koreas knitted closer ties, but the North pulled its staff out last
Read more »
North Korea says Trump was open to easing sanctions with 'snapback' clause: South Korean mediaSEOUL (REUTERS) - US President Donald Trump was open to easing sanctions on North Korea provided there was a'snapback' clause if the North restarted nuclear activities, according to South Korean media reports of a North Korean statement.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
North Korea says Trump was open to easing sanctions with 'snapback' clause: South Korean mediaSEOUL: US President Donald Trump was open to easing sanctions on North Korea provided there was a 'snapback' clause if the North restarted nuclear ...
Read more »
North Korea says Trump was open to easing sanctions with 'snapback' clause - South Korean mediaU.S. President Donald Trump was open to easing sanctions on North Korea provided there was a 'snapback' clause if the North restarted nuclear activities, according to South Korean media reports of a North Korean statement. The new statement from a March 15 news conference by North Korean Vice
Read more »