Syria reports first coronavirus death as fears grow of major outbreak

Singapore News News

Syria reports first coronavirus death as fears grow of major outbreak
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 97%

Syria's health ministry said on Sunday that a woman who died after being rushed to hospital for emergency treatment was found to have been infected by coronavirus in the country's first officially reported death from the disease.

AMMAN - Syria’s health ministry said on Sunday that a woman who died after being rushed to hospital for emergency treatment was found to have been infected by coronavirus in the country’s first officially reported death from the disease.

The moves to shut businesses, schools, universities, mosques and most government offices, as well as stop public transport, have spread fear among war-weary residents. The World Health Organization has warned that the country has a limited capacity to deal with a rapid spread of the virus. Opposition figures and independent politicians point to Damascus’ strong ties with Iran, the worst affected country in the region, as a source of possible contagion.

Senior Syrian army officers have in recent days taken leave of absence and been ordered not to mingle with the Iranian-backed militias, military defectors say.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Iran defends virus response as Syria reports first deathIran defends virus response as Syria reports first deathIran's president has lashed out at criticism of authorities' lagging response to the worst coronavirus outbreak in the Middle East
Read more »

Beloved Nate ‘n Al’s Deli Closing Permanently SundayBeloved Nate ‘n Al’s Deli Closing Permanently SundayNate ‘n Al Deli, a fixture in Beverly Hills and the entertainment industry for 75 years, announced Saturday that it would be closing Sunday with no plans to reopen. It had been open for takeo…
Read more »

Famed Nate ‘N Al’s Deli In Beverly Hills Is Closing, Possibly Forever, On Sunday – ReportFamed Nate ‘N Al’s Deli In Beverly Hills Is Closing, Possibly Forever, On Sunday – ReportThe iconic Beverly Hills restaurant Nate ‘N Al’s is closing, possibly forever, tomorrow, according to a report. The restaurant was reportedly on the ropes in 2018 before it was bought by a consorti…
Read more »

Nate ’n Al's, beloved delicatessen of Beverly Hills, to close on SundayNate ’n Al's, beloved delicatessen of Beverly Hills, to close on SundayNate ’n Al's, the legendary Jewish delicatessen in Beverly Hills open since 1945, will close after Sunday night
Read more »

President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Sunday EditionPresident Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Sunday EditionPresident Donald Trump will undoubtedly have more to say later on today at his press conference on coronavirus. For now, his tweets promoted optimism on a potential breakthrough on personal protect…
Read more »

Louisiana church defies COVID-19 order, holds Sunday servicesLouisiana church defies COVID-19 order, holds Sunday servicesHundreds attended a Pentecostal church Sunday despite the governor's order to avoid large gatherings.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 19:01:13