NEW YORK: Video app TikTok said Saturday (Aug 23) it will challenge in court a Trump administration crackdown on the popular Chinese-owned ...
NEW YORK: Video app TikTok said Saturday it will challenge in court a Trump administration crackdown on the popular Chinese-owned service, which Washington accuses of being a national security threat.giving Americans 45 days to stop doing business with TikTok's Chinese parent company ByteDance - effectively setting a deadline for a potential pressured sale of the viral video sensation to a US company.
Trump claims TikTok could be used by China to track the locations of federal employees, build dossiers on people for blackmail, and conduct corporate espionage. The US measures come ahead of Nov 3 elections in which Trump, who is behind his rival Joe Biden in the polls, is campaigning hard on an increasingly strident anti-Beijing message.
Shortly after Trump announced his moves against TikTok in early August, the United States slapped sanctions on Hong Kong's leader over the Chinese security clampdown after last year's pro-democracy demonstrations.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
TikTok plans to file lawsuit over Trump crackdownSAN FRANCISCO (NYTIMES) - TikTok plans to file a lawsuit against the US government, the company confirmed on Saturday (Aug 22), arguing that President Donald Trump's moves to block the app had deprived it of due process and arguing it had been unfairly and incorrectly treated as a security threat.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Exclusive: TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the ...
Read more »
Exclusive: TikTok to challenge U.S. order banning transactions with the video app - sourcesTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the popular short video app and its Chinese parent ByteDance, according to people familiar with the matter. Trump issued an executive order on Aug. 14 that
Read more »
TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video app: sources[NEW YORK] TikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the popular short video app and its Chinese parent ByteDance, according to people familiar with the matter. Read more at The Business Times.
Read more »
Exclusive: TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video app - sourcesTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the ...
Read more »
TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the ...
Read more »