Several U.S. states sued the Trump administration on Wednesday, seeking to undo its recent decision to relax standards for restricting sodium ...
NEW YORK: Several U.S. states sued the Trump administration on Wednesday to undo its recent decision that allowed fewer whole grains and more sodium in school breakfasts and lunches.
"The Trump administration has undermined key health benefits for our children ...with deliberate disregard for science, expert opinion, and the law," New York Attorney General Letitia James said in a statement.The changes announced last Dec. 6 affect the federally funded National School Lunch Program, which was started by President Harry Truman in 1946 and feeds more than 30 million, mostly lower-income children.
They also included a five-year delay in the maximum sodium target scheduled for the next school year, and elimination of a sodium target set for the 2022-23 school year. It had set new limits for calories, sodium and trans fats, while requiring more fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Trump threatens closure of US-Mexico border next week to stem asylum surge[WASHINGTON/PALM BEACH] President Donald Trump on Friday threatened to close the US border with Mexico next week, potentially disrupting millions of legal border crossings and billions of dollars in trade if Mexico does not stop immigrants from reaching the United States. Read more at The Business Times.
Read more »
Tesla will pay US$31,000 to settle US EPA hazardous waste claimsWASHINGTON: Tesla Inc will pay a US$31,000 penalty and purchase US$55,000 in emergency response equipment for a California city under a settlement ...
Read more »
US jury says Bayer must pay US$81m to man in Roundup cancer trialA U.S. jury on Wednesday awarded US$80.9 million to a man who claimed his use of Bayer AG's glyphosate-based weed killer Roundup caused his ...
Read more »
US economic adviser Kudlow says US ready to extend China talks by weeks or monthsWASHINGTON (BLOOMBERG) - The Trump administration is prepared to keep negotiating with China for weeks or even months to reach a trade deal that will ensure the world's second-largest economy improves market access and intellectual property policies for US companies, a senior American official said.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Tariff, enforcement issues still hurdles to US-China trade deal: US ChamberChances are increasing for a deal to end the U.S.-China trade war, but negotiations this week are 'critical' to resolving stubborn differences ...
Read more »
US jury says Bayer must pay US$81 million to man in Roundup cancer trialA U.S. jury on Wednesday awarded US$80.9 million to a man who claimed his use of Bayer AG's glyphosate-based weed killer Roundup caused his ...
Read more »
Pentagon to transfer US$1b for Trump wallMIAMI: Acting US Defence Secretary Patrick Shanahan said on Wednesday (Mar 27) he would push ahead with plans to transfer US$1 billion (£757.5 ...
Read more »
Trump says Google CEO committed to US, not Chinese militaryPresident Donald Trump said Wednesday that Google CEO Sundar Pichai, whom he'd previously accused of indirectly boosting China's military, has reassured him that he is 'totally committed' to US security. 'Just met with sundarpichai, President of Google, who is obviously doing
Read more »
US: Wall St opens higher, US-China trade talks in focus[NEW YORK] US stocks opened higher on Thursday, helped by gains in technology and consumer discretionary companies, while investors awaited more details on the progress in US-China trade talks. Read more at The Business Times.
Read more »
Trump aides repeat threat to shut down US-Mexico border on migrant crisisWASHINGTON: The Trump administration on Sunday (Mar 31) doubled down on its threat to shut down the southern border with Mexico, a day after it ...
Read more »