Virus cases top 1,000 as DOH steps up tests

Singapore News News

Virus cases top 1,000 as DOH steps up tests
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 inquirerdotnet
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 80 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 35%
  • Publisher: 86%

The total number of COVID-19 cases in the country breached the 1,000th mark on Saturday after the DOH reported that 272 people tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. | jovicyeeINQ

Vergeire said that, initially, the subnational laboratories can process 80 to 160 tests a day while the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Muntinlupa City can process up to 1,000 tests a day.

“Nothing could be further from the truth,” Vergeire said. “I, too, am a doctor. We in the DOH know how important and how risky it is to be a health care worker during these times.” “[Congress] already gave us a supplemental budget. We are just looking at how we can apportion it,” she said, adding that 593 health workers have already signed up even before the DOH announced the planned increase in compensation.“We thank you for your bravery and compassion for your fellow Filipino,” Vergeire told the volunteers.

Globally, 598,070 have been infected by the coronavirus. The United States had the most number of cases among 177 nations with 104,839 cases, followed by Italy with 86,498, China 81,946, Spain 65,719 and Germany 50,871.It was also the deadliest day in the Philippines thus far, with Vergeire reporting 14 more deaths, bringing the current death toll to 68.

Ten of those who died did not know they contracted the virus prior to their deaths. The family of Patient 729 waited the longest as his test results came back positive only on Wednesday, or six days after he passed on.Two of the patients got their results on the same day they died while two others knew they were positive days before their death. All except one did not go to any of the virus-infected countries nor came in close contact with a known positive case.

All four patients, age 55, 46, 30 and 72, did not go abroad or had been in contact with a known case.Three were discharged after testing negative twice, while the elderly patient was sent home with one negative test.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

inquirerdotnet /  🏆 3. in PH

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

DOH pressed to expand, speed up virus testingDOH pressed to expand, speed up virus testingSenators and one of President Duterte’s economic advisers expressed frustration over the slow and small number of people being tested by the DOH for the new coronavirus disease around the country which they believe could undermine efforts to stop the CO...
Read more »

DOH discards some inaccurate virus test kits from ChinaDOH discards some inaccurate virus test kits from ChinaSome of the kits from China proved to only be 40% accurate. Spain earlier also withdrew 58,000 China kits for poor accuracy. COVID19PH
Read more »

BREAKING: DOH-7 logs 19 new COVID-19 cases; Cebu City reports first 2 deathsBREAKING: DOH-7 logs 19 new COVID-19 cases; Cebu City reports first 2 deathsCEBU CITY, Philippines -- The Department of Health in Central Visayas (DOH-7) has reported 19 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) with three new fatalities in the region
Read more »

Another DOH senior official tests positive for coronavirusAnother DOH senior official tests positive for coronavirusBREAKING NEWS. The Department of Health on Friday, March 27, confirmed that another senior DOH official tested positive for the coronavirus disease. COVID19PH
Read more »

Another DOH official tests positive for COVID-19Another DOH official tests positive for COVID-19The Department of Health (DOH) confirmed on Friday that another Health official tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Read more »

DOH: Latest deaths from COVID-19 are 14 senior citizensDOH: Latest deaths from COVID-19 are 14 senior citizensFourteen Filipino senior citizens were the latest fatalities from the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19. COVID19PH | CMarquezINQ
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-30 16:21:42