The lockdown of millions of people at home across the globe due to the coronavirus should have been the perfect recipe for success for the ...
GDYNIA/NEW YORK/AMSTERDAM: The lockdown of millions of people at home across the globe due to the coronavirus should have been the perfect recipe for success for the burgeoning online meal delivery market.
The falls reflect a big drop in repeat customers. Some 90 per cent of activity on apps is reorders, according to SimilarWeb.The data is in stark contrast to the double-digit percentage increases in grocery delivery volumes over the same period as people rushed to stock up as they went into lockdown. Giving the first insight into the impact in China, the original epicentre of the outbreak with the first lockdowns, Chinese food delivery service Meituan Dianping said last week it expected to report a first-quarter loss after a drop in orders.
That should provide a boost to their own membership numbers in the long run once orders improve. Grubhub signed up more than 20,000 new restaurants in March, far exceeding its previous monthly record of 5,000, said Maloney. Deliveroo got 3,000 new UK restaurants on board last month, a spokesperson said.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Jolin Tsai and Eason Chan's tribute song to healthcare workers causes online furoreThe song was meant to salute the healthcare workers at the frontline of the coronavirus pandemic, but it ended up highlighting the political tensions between China and Taiwan.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Commentary: Has COVID-19 made e-commerce and online shopping the new normal?As the coronavirus outbreak rages, will this shift towards online shopping, food delivery and e-groceries be permanent? SUSS’ Chong Guan and ...
Read more »
Crowd heads to Ikea ahead of closure on Tuesday, company says online store to continue
Read more »
Chip Eng Seng sells 77 units at Kopar At Newton condo - launched completely onlineSINGAPORE (THE BUSINESS TIMES) - CEL Development, a fully-owned subsidiary of mainboard-listed Chip Eng Seng Corporation, has sold 77 units at the launch of its 378-unit Kopar At Newton condo project over the weekend.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »