SouthKorea begins exhuming soldier remains alone after NorthKorea no-show KoreanWar
SEOUL - South Korea has begun excavating the remains of missing soldiers from the Korean War on the border between the two Koreas, without the involvement of North Korea, local media reported on Monday .
According to the Defence Ministry in Seoul, North Korea has not responded to inquiries about the project. The joint search for missing soldiers killed in the Korean War was part of an agreement signed by the defence ministers of both countries at a summit in Pyongyang in September.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Top-down diplomacy needed for progress with North Korea, says South Korea presidential aideSEOUL (THE KOREA HERALD/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - To advance the peace process on the Korean peninsula, it is necessary for Seoul, Washington and Pyongyang to maintain bilateral and trilateral dialogues and to continue to pursue a top-down approach, a South Korea presidential aide has said.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Moon hopes North Korea responds positively to US-South Korea effortsSouth Korean President Moon Jae-in said on Monday he hopes North Korea responds positively when he meets U.S. President Donald Trump this month as ...
Read more »
Moon hopes North Korea responds positively to U.S.-South Korea effortsSouth Korean President Moon Jae-in said on Monday he hopes North Korea responds positively when he meets U.S. President Donald Trump this month as part of efforts to restart denuclearisation talks with the North. Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un failed to make any agreement at their summit
Read more »
Seoul begins war remains excavation without North KoreaSeoul began a unilateral effort to excavate Korean War remains along the border Monday as silence from Pyongyang stymied a previously agreed joint ...
Read more »
South Korea's unification minister nominee says North Korea can't have nukes, prosperitySouth Korea's nominee for unification minister said on Tuesday that North Korea cannot expect to achieve a prosperous economy and keep its weapons programmes, as nuclear talks have stalled since the collapse of a U.S.-North Korea summit last month. The summit between U.S. President Donald Trump
Read more »
Trump says North Korea suffering, doesn't need new sanctions[PALM BEACH, Florida] US President Donald Trump on Friday reaffirmed that he would stop new sanctions on North Korea, saying the country was suffering and he valued his relationship with its authoritarian leader Kim Jong Un. Read more at The Business Times.
Read more »
North Korea nuclear, missile activity 'inconsistent' with denuclearisation: U.S. generalNorth Korea's activity on nuclear weapons and missiles is inconsistent with its pledge to denuclearize, the commander of U.S. forces in South Korea said on Wednesday. A summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Hanoi last month broke down over differences
Read more »
North Korea embassy raid group promises 'bigger things ahead'A shadowy dissident group allegedly behind last month's raid on North Korea's embassy in Madrid promised 'bigger things ahead' on Thursday, but said they would temporarily suspend operations because of intense media scrutiny. The Cheollima Civil Defense (CCD) group emerged from the
Read more »
North Korea woos Vietnam tourists after Hanoi summitNorth Korean tourism officials on Thursday urged Vietnamese travellers to seize a 'golden' opportunity to visit the country following a summit ...
Read more »
North Korea embassy raid group promises 'bigger things ahead'SEOUL (AFP) - A shadowy dissident group allegedly behind last month's raid on North Korea's embassy in Madrid promised 'bigger things ahead' on Thursday (March 28), but said they would temporarily suspend operations because of intense media scrutiny.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »