TikTok to challenge Trump's executive order

Singapore News News

TikTok to challenge Trump's executive order
Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines
  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 27 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 66%

Reuters exclusively reported on Friday that TikTok would challenge Trump's executive order as early as Monday.

FILE PHOTO: U.S. flags are seen near a TikTok logo in this illustration picture taken July 16, 2020. REUTERS/Florence Lo/IllustrationTikTok in a statement said that it had tried to engage with the U.S administration for nearly a year, but faced"a lack of due process" and that the government paid no attention to the facts.

Trump issued an executive order on Aug. 14 that gave ByteDance 90 days to divest the U.S. operations of TikTok. ByteDance has been making progress in talks with potential acquirers, including Microsoft Corp and Oracle. Some of ByteDance's U.S. investors could also join the winning bid. While TikTok is best known for its anodyne videos of people dancing and going viral among teenagers, U.S. officials have expressed concerns that information on users could be passed on to China's government.Advertisement

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ChannelNewsAsia /  🏆 6. in SG

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

TikTok plans to file lawsuit over Trump crackdownTikTok plans to file lawsuit over Trump crackdownSAN FRANCISCO (NYTIMES) - TikTok plans to file a lawsuit against the US government, the company confirmed on Saturday (Aug 22), arguing that President Donald Trump's moves to block the app had deprived it of due process and arguing it had been unfairly and incorrectly treated as a security threat.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

TikTok says it will sue over Trump crackdownTikTok says it will sue over Trump crackdownNEW YORK: Video app TikTok said Saturday (Aug 23) it will challenge in court a Trump administration crackdown on the popular Chinese-owned ...
Read more »

Exclusive: TikTok to challenge U.S. order banning transactions with the video app - sourcesExclusive: TikTok to challenge U.S. order banning transactions with the video app - sourcesTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the popular short video app and its Chinese parent ByteDance, according to people familiar with the matter. Trump issued an executive order on Aug. 14 that
Read more »

Exclusive: TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appExclusive: TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the ...
Read more »

TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appTikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the ...
Read more »

TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video app: sourcesTikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video app: sources[NEW YORK] TikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the popular short video app and its Chinese parent ByteDance, according to people familiar with the matter. Read more at The Business Times.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 21:27:45