Iranian Peace Proposal to US: Ending Hostilities, US Forces Exit, Reparations, Sanctions Lift, Funds Release, Marine Blockade End

Middle East News

Iranian Peace Proposal to US: Ending Hostilities, US Forces Exit, Reparations, Sanctions Lift, Funds Release, Marine Blockade End
IranUSPeace Proposal

Tehran's latest peace proposal to the US involves ending hostilities on all fronts including Lebanon, the exit of US forces from areas close to Iran, and reparations for destruction caused by the US-Israeli war. Tehran also seeks the lifting of sanctions, the release of frozen funds, and an end to the US marine blockade on the country.

An Iran ian woman walks next to an anti-Israeli mural on a street in Tehran, Iran on May 18. DUBAI — Tehran's latest peace proposal to the US involves ending hostilities on all fronts including Lebanon , the exit of US forces from areas close to Iran , and reparations for destruction caused by the US-Israeli war, state media reported on Tuesday .

In Tehran's first comments on the proposal, Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi said Tehran also sought the lifting of sanctions, the release of frozen funds and an end to the US marine blockade on the country, according to IRNA news agency. The terms as described in the Iranian reports appeared little changed from Iran's previous offer, which US President Donald Trump rejected last week as "garbage".

Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned resumption of attacks on Iran after Tehran sent a new peace proposal to Washington, and that there was now a "very good chance" of reaching a deal limiting Iran's nuclear programme. Reuters could not determine whether preparations had been made for strikes that would mark a renewal of the war Trump started in late February.

Under pressure to reach an accord that would reopen the Strait of Hormuz — a key supply route for global supplies of oil and other commodities — Trump has previously expressed hope that a deal was close on ending the conflict, and similarly threatened heavy strikes on Iran if Tehran did not reach a deal. In a social media post, Trump said the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE had requested that he hold off on the attack because "a deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the US, as well as all countries in the Middle East, and beyond.

" Speaking to reporters later on Monday, he said the US would be satisfied if it could reach an agreement with Iran that prevented Tehran from obtaining a nuclear weapon. "There seems to be a very good chance that they can work something out. If we can do that without bombing the hell out of them, I would be very happy," Trump told reporters.

A Pakistani source confirmed that Islamabad, which has conveyed messages between the sides since hosting the only round of peace talks last month, had shared the Iranian proposal with Washington. The sides "keep changing their goalposts," the Pakistani source said, adding: "We don't have much time.

"Although neither side has publicly disclosed any concessions in negotiations that have been stalled for a month, a senior Iranian official suggested on Monday that Washington may be softening some of its demands. The source said the US had agreed to release a quarter of Iran's frozen funds — totaling tens of billions of dollars — held in foreign banks.

And the source said Washington had shown more flexibility in agreeing to let Iran continue some peaceful nuclear activity under supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency. A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, denied a report by Iran's Tasnim news agency that Washington had agreed to waive oil sanctions on Iran while negotiations were under way. The US-Israeli bombing killed thousands of people in Iran before it was suspended in a ceasefire in early April.

Israel has killed thousands more and driven hundreds of thousands from their homes in Lebanon, which it invaded in pursuit of the Iran-backed Hezbollah militia. The Iran ceasefire has mostly held, although drones have lately been ​launched from Iraq ​towards ⁠Gulf countries, including Saudi Arabia and ⁠Kuwait, apparently by Iran and its allies.

Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said they launched the war to curb Iran's support for regional militias, dismantle its nuclear programme, destroy its missile capabilities, and create conditions for Iranians to topple their rulers. But the war has yet to deprive Iran of its stockpile of near-weapons-grade enriched uranium or its ability to threaten neighbours with missiles, drones and proxy militias.

The Islamic Republic's clerical leadership, which had faced a mass uprising at the start of the year, withstood the superpower onslaught with no sign of organised opposition.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

asiaonecom /  🏆 10. in SG

Iran US Peace Proposal Hostilities Lebanon US Forces Exit Reparations Sanctions Lift Frozen Funds Marine Blockade

 

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Domestic helper alleges emotional distress from alleged privacy violations, constant surveillance, and verbal abuse by employerDomestic helper alleges emotional distress from alleged privacy violations, constant surveillance, and verbal abuse by employerA domestic helper in Singapore claims she suffered emotional distress after months of alleged privacy violations, constant surveillance, and verbal abuse from her employer. She says the 'lady employer' regularly checked her phone and read her private messages, and during her rest days, she had no 'peace or freedom' as the employer repeatedly contacted her to ask about her whereabouts and activities.
Read more »

Progress on Gaza peace talk stalls as violence intensifies; Israeli strikes kill five PalestiniansProgress on Gaza peace talk stalls as violence intensifies; Israeli strikes kill five PalestiniansIsrael and Hamas face deadlock in indirect talks to advance US President Donald Trump's post-war plan for Gaza, which is meant to end more than two years of fighting. Health officials have reported a rise in ceasefire efforts as Hamas militia tightens its grip in the region, while Israeli troops remain in control of more than half the territory. Meanwhile, Israeli strikes have killed at least five Palestinians, including a Hamas operative, in the past week.
Read more »

US President Warns Iran, Stalled Peace Talks, and Drone Strike in Abu DhabiUS President Warns Iran, Stalled Peace Talks, and Drone Strike in Abu DhabiThe news text discusses the US President's warning to Iran, the stalled peace talks between the two countries, and a drone strike near a nuclear power station in Abu Dhabi. The text also mentions the role of Pakistan in mediating the peace talks and Iran's chief negotiator's statement on the destabilization of the Middle East due to the US and Israeli war with Iran.
Read more »

WHO members reject proposal to invite Taiwan to participate in annual assemblyWHO members reject proposal to invite Taiwan to participate in annual assemblyGENEVA — Member states of the World Health Organisation (WHO) on Monday (May 18) rejected a proposal to invite Taiwan to its annual assembly in Geneva after China said it would block its participation.During the meeting, which started on Monday, China took to the floor, alongside Pakistan, to oppose the motion.
Read more »



Render Time: 2026-05-19 11:25:53