TikTok said on Monday that 'we simply have no choice' but to sue the Trump administration over U.S. President Donald Trump's executive order ...
TikTok said on Monday that"we simply have no choice" but to sue the Trump administration over U.S. President Donald Trump's executive order banning transactions in the United States with the popular short-form video-sharing app.
"We do not take suing the government lightly," TikTok said."But with the Executive Order threatening to bring a ban on our U.S. operations ... we simply have no choice."Amid growing distrust between Washington and Beijing, Trump has for weeks complained that TikTok, owned by Chinese internet company ByteDance Ltd, was a national security threat and might share information about users with the Chinese government.His Aug.
ByteDance had acquired Shanghai-based video app Musical.ly in a US$1 billion transaction in 2017, and relaunched it as TikTok the following year. Trump had in May 2019 invoked that law to stop alleged efforts by foreign telecommunications companies to conduct economic and industrial espionage against the United States.
ByteDance has been in talks to sell TikTok's North American, Australian and New Zealand operations to companies including Microsoft Corp and Oracle Corp.
Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
TikTok plans to file lawsuit over Trump crackdownSAN FRANCISCO (NYTIMES) - TikTok plans to file a lawsuit against the US government, the company confirmed on Saturday (Aug 22), arguing that President Donald Trump's moves to block the app had deprived it of due process and arguing it had been unfairly and incorrectly treated as a security threat.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video appTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the ...
Read more »
Exclusive: TikTok to challenge US order banning transactions with the video app - sourcesTikTok is preparing to mount a legal challenge as early as Monday to President Donald Trump's executive order prohibiting transactions with the ...
Read more »
TikTok says it will sue over Trump crackdownNEW YORK: Video app TikTok said Saturday (Aug 23) it will challenge in court a Trump administration crackdown on the popular Chinese-owned ...
Read more »
Donald Trump says US and China could decouple, if ‘they don’t treat us right’US President Donald Trump says America would decouple from China if “they don’t treat us right”, as a planned review of the phase one trade deal the two sides agreed in January remains on hold.In a short excerpt from an interview with Fox News set to air on Sunday, Trump said the US was not obliged to
Read more »
US economy could 'decouple' and not do business with China, says Trump on TV interviewWASHINGTON (REUTERS) - US President Donald Trump, in a Fox News interview airing on Sunday (Aug 23), raised the possibility of decoupling the United States economy from China, a major purchaser of US goods.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »